CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Act II, Scene I

I went in for a blood test on Monday (because I have decided I no longer trust urine tests, whether ovulation predictors or pregnancy tests) and found out Tuesday morning that it came back as negative.  My coworker said I am taking it really well and that she'd be a blubbery mess...after over two years of seeing NEGATIVE, it really doesn't faze me anymore.  So we'll be trying yet again hopefully this month. But we'll need to order more swimmers and we don't know yet if we're sticking with our guy or switching; part of me wants to switch (there's this new guy everyone is drooling over, total man of your dreams kind of guy who apparently has a post-thaw count of 110 million!!...blows my guy's 17 million out of the water!) but I don't know if he's available for our area and it was so hard to get someone decent in the first place. 

I do believe that our timing was off on the first two tries and that would make last month our first better-timed try; not to mention, I've been told it usually takes between 3 and 6 months of IUIs for success.  I was hoping for an early Christmas miracle this month, but maybe I'll get the miracle around Christmas instead. 

On a side note:  a friend of mine (T) who has been trying to have a baby for several years with her husband after a few failed IVF attempts using donor eggs is PREGNANT!!!  Yay T!  I had told her about the clinic in Minnesota that offers a cost warranty program, refunding your money if you don't take home a baby after 3 attempts.  T and her husband had tried 3 times at a regular clinic that doesn't offer that (you pay whether it works or not) and it, of course, got expensive!  I'm so very happy for her; she has been waiting for so long for this and it's finally becoming a reality!  <3

2 comments:

Taylor

I just found your blog, but I'm going to read it cover to cover I'm sure. Hoping for a christmas mirical! Hello from a fellow Wisconsinite.

Taylor
www.maryjanesandgaloshes.com

Stephanie

Thank you!! And welcome fellow Wisconsinite!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...