CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Elation...and disbelief

In summary...SONNY'S COMING HOME!!!!   I can't put my feelings into words because I'm still trying to process it.  I'm so excited!  I'm not nervous about taking care of him (changing diapers, getting him dressed, etc. because I do that now), but I'm sort of thinking...um, now what do we do?  He's been "on the outside" for 2 months (today!), and we've established our own routine.  But now that routine is changing.  We no longer have to drive 2 hours each day just to spend time with him.  We actually get to bring him home.  I can't describe how mind-blowing it is when you're in this situation; I sometimes still struggle with processing the fact I'm actually a parent, that I actually have a child, with everything we had to do to get here.

Right now, I'm making the proper announcements (aka-Facebooking! lol) and waiting not-so-patiently for hubby to get home from work.  Unfortunately, they're actually busy in the shop this week and he has a car he needs to have finished by Friday.  So he couldn't quite drop what he was doing today to pick Sonny up and probably won't get to take time off to be "our little family" until next week.  But in a sense...it won't be any different for him than it is now; right now (and for the past 2 months), he goes to work, sometimes comes home early, we eat (sometimes, depending on the time of day), and we go to the NICU.  Drive an hour, sign in, scrub up, give Sonny a bath if it's bath night, feed him and take turns loving him up, and then we drive an hour back home; unwind a bit (at 10pm...) and then go to sleep.  Rinse and repeat.  If hubby has to work the rest of the week, at least there's no driving and rushing around involved.  It's just come home and snuggle your son!  :)

How wonderful it is that our early Christmas miracle is coming home to be a true Christmas miracle!  Love it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...