CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 16, 2012

Change is proving to be good

My first week of work is over and my second week has begun.  It is going pretty well, considering the overload of information that has NOTHING whatsoever to do with my career and licensure.  Sonny is doing very well at daycare (whew!!) and that makes me much happier when I have to leave him.  I'm so very glad he's getting used to other people taking care of him.  He's doing okay these days, but he fights sleep like crazy during the day which makes for a VERY cranky baby who is hard to put down around 5pm!  And tonight, he screamed and cried like someone was stabbing him for at least 45 minutes and almost made himself puke, which he has never done before...not this close.  He was so stiff and the way he was crying made me think something was wrong with him and all I could think (as tears of complete helplessness streamed down my face) is either his hernia opened up again or his intestine is perforated again.  I know, I shouldn't jump to conclusions but he hasn't acted like this since before his hernia surgery and even then, he was never this bad for me.  I took his clothes off because he felt pretty hot, took his temp...normal.  Changed his diaper, although I knew that wasn't what was bothering him because he doesn't scream when he needs changing.  Hubby even brought a small bottle, bless him, even though he had just eaten a little over an hour before that.  It was in-sane!!  I didn't know what to do and as I rocked him, with both of us crying, hubby told me to go eat and he would take him.  That is HUGE.  Normally, he can't handle Harrison crying inconsolably but I think he wanted to give me a break and the fact that I couldn't even get him to settle down said volumes to him.  I ate, still crying, losing my appetite more and more with each scream my son made but managed to eat a little and eventually, hubby got him to settle down a bit.  I tried praising him so he can see that he CAN do it, just needs to be persistent.  I could tell Sonny was super tired and he was definitely not all for going to bed yet because every time hubby walked into his room (that had the shades down), he would start crying again.  I'm sure it's a combination of things.  His prevacid compound makes him terribly gassy, especially late afternoon, and I know it causes him a lot of discomfort and makes him cranky.  Plus, he might be in need of some quality mommy and daddy time, after his first week of daycare.  He's sleeping now...in my arms; I allowed him the splurge tonight to let him know Mommy is still here.

As a follow up to the Mama Cloth...I ended up finding some PIMPs at a local co-op and got some just in time for my period to start.  First impression?  Love at first snap!!  And...my period lasted a whopping 3 days.  Yep.  Three.  Tres.  Not nine.  Three.  :)  And holy comfy!!  I was afraid the cotton ones wouldn't feel soft enough but I like the flannel and cotton equally.  It feels...just like you're wearing your undies!  :)  I love them and they washed up very nicely with my other laundry.  And guess what?  No smellies, either.  I'm gonna chalk this one up as a WIN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...