CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We Are 16 Going on 17...

The weeks have been flying by but we still have a looong way to go!  Let's see, what developments have we had in the past week?  For starters, sleeping is becoming increasingly difficult and uncomfortable; no position is comfy for more than a few minutes, which means I'm doing more tossing and turning than usual.  Who knows why at this point but I know it'll get worse.  I'm trying to survive without a body pillow because I really don't want to dish out $50+ for one and our queen bed can already be cramped at times (depending on who is in whose space!).  I'm back to peeing every couple hours and on the off night where I don't wake up a zillion times to pee, I end up waking up around 4am and am unable to fall back asleep for over an hour.  Seems to me I'm being trained already!  The round ligament pains have stepped it up a notch lately and I've also noticed that I have to be careful how I bend over...the sharp pains in the stomach let me know any undesirable positions!  And on a side note, I'm very happy to say I got a steal on a pack n play for my parents' house.  I spent all of $10!  I picked it up today and it looks good (there IS a pee stain on the pad, but I'm going to try bleaching that out with some lemon juice and good old sunshine).  Besides---that's what sheets are for!

This week, Nugget has grown to approximately 5 inches and weighs 5 ounces.  Apparently, turnips weigh 5 ounces...?  Other than working his/her way through the produce section, Nugget's skeleton is changing from softer cartilage to bone; the joints are working and sweat glands are developing...which is good, because Mommy has been sweating enough for both of us and it's high time the little one pitched in!

In just two hopefully short weeks, we will get to see him/her again for the first time in 13 weeks!  Baby is going to look so different (should, compared to the blob it was last time!).  If he/she cooperates, we plan to find out the gender; but don't expect me to share!  We'll be keeping that info a secret.  :)  Baby will have to remain "Nugget" for the duration of the pregnancy. We have also agreed that if I am right about the gender (I say boy and have said boy since before I got pregnant), I get my favorite schnitzel dinner after the appointment at a German restaurant in town.  He has yet to decide what he gets if he's right (he is still saying girl).  I wasn't amused when he quickly blurted out some rifle he wants...I'm pretty sure that costs a lot more than a piece of schnitzel!  I told him to pick something else! 

In other news, hubby and I were in bed watching TV a couple nights ago and the baby started swimming around.  I quietly said, "The baby's moving" and quick as a wink, good old macho-man I-don't-get-into-most-of-this-baby-stuff hubby says, "Can I feel?"  It was so sweet the way he asked, almost urgent and excited and it truly broke my heart to have to tell him that he wouldn't be able to because it can only be felt from inside right now.  For my quiet words to have snapped him out of watching his drag racing really says a lot; I know it sounds stupid, but you know how it is...I've never met a man who can multi-task while watching TV, especially something they really love.  Even though I had to explain to him that he wouldn't be able to feel the baby moving, he put his hand on my stomach anyway and left it there until we went to bed quite awhile later.  For anyone who knows my husband, you'll know what I mean when I say I get more excited and touched by this pregnancy when I see these flashes of excitement from him.  He could care less about what stroller we get or which bottles we register for; he doesn't say "Awww!" when I show him the most darling outfit and I don't blame him.  He's a man and he's just not hardwired that way.  But I just love that he has snapped right out of that surreal phase and into embracing his impending fatherhood.  He may not cry when we hear the heartbeat or see little Nugget on the "big screen", but when I look over at him and see how he's craning his neck to get a better look, I can't help but smile and feel so sure about our decision to have children together.  He's going to make a wonderful daddy and I can't wait for him to meet his son or daughter.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...