CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wish I Were California Dreamin' Instead

Last night was crazy.  I got plenty of sleep; in fact, I slept straight through from about 10:00pm until 7:30am without any potty breaks!  But I'm not sure of the quality.  I had several dreams about the baby and remember waking up a few times cradling my belly.

The first one that I remember actually caused me to whimper and start crying in my sleep.  I dreamed we went to the doctor, like we're scheduled to do next week, and they told us we had lost the baby.  And the only way the baby would come out was if I drank a huge container of some liquid.  I don't remember what it was now, but I could've told you just after waking up.  I can picture writing on the bottle.  I was crying (obviously) and didn't want to drink it but I knew the baby needed to come out.  It was a terrible feeling, having been told our baby wasn't alive when we thought they were.  I suppose this has to do with the fact I've had flashes of thoughts when I feel the baby move; "what if I'm just imagining it and baby isn't really able to move?"  Awful, I know.  Of course you hope and pray everything is fine, but you still have fears that it's not.  Fortunately, this was the only bad dream (or completely bad one) of the night.

The next dream, we were at home.  The baby was sleeping in the nursery in what was supposed to be the crib, although in the dream it looked a heckuva lot like the top of the changing table!  lol  We had baby all swaddled in a blanket and were outside with some friends or family.  Someone came out and mentioned that they didn't think baby was breathing.  Oddly enough, they weren't panicked when they said this and we weren't alarmed by it.  We went into the baby's room.  I remember it felt very cool, just like it does in the winter months.  We turned on a light (because it was completely dark in the room) and saw that our little peanut was breathing and sleeping very soundly and peacefully.  The reason the other person didn't think baby was breathing was because it was too dark for them to see the chest moving up and down.  I remember looking down at my baby and smiling and I remember touching the face and being so comforted by how soft and warm it was.  It's hard to describe this dream; it's almost as if we didn't think baby was alive but were relieved and surprised to see they were.  I suppose after the last dream, this was a relief.  It's just all very strange, I'll admit.  I've talked about my wacked-out dreams before, so you guys all know how my brain works.  And when there are fears, there is no rationality to them.

The last dream I remember is one I had before waking up this morning; and oddly enough, it's the one I remember the least about.  Only a bit of it has anything to do with the baby.  I was at a huge cell phone store trying to explain my troubles about not getting texts or being able to send them reliably.  Go figure, just as I'm complaining, I get a text.  It's from my brother in law and it's some ad (with pictures...still trying to figure out how that works on normal text messages...lol) for a "Babymoon" cruise.  At first I thought he was trying to say they were going on the cruise, but he told me he had found us this great deal.  We go on this cruise after baby is born and baby can come with.  I know that at some point I could see the baby in this dream but I don't remember what the context was or when it happened.  As for the "babymoon" cruise, we did end up taking it, which means baby was born and was just fine.  So another "good" dream.  The rest of the dream was very strange and had nothing to do with the baby or the cruise and involved me being in charge of a bunch of people.

Pretty sad when your bad dreams are so bad that your still-weird and somewhat bad dreams seem like good ones!!  For those who may be wondering (and even for those who aren't), baby is adorable.  :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...