Nugget and I (and my mom, too) had our visit with Dr. J yesterday and it went well. Fluid is measuring at over 10 (total volume in cm, I think; up from 8 on Tuesday), and although baby is still measuring small in size (Dr. did not seem at all concerned about this like he did that first time we saw him), it has graduated from being a little nugget to being a pork chop! 2 weeks ago when I last saw Dr. J, Nugget weighed 13 oz. Yesterday, it was 1 lb. 6 oz! A 9 oz. gain in 2 weeks, which makes me happy as a clam!! And according to a chart of average fetal weight, that's right on track! Dr. J says to just keep doing what I'm doing. He also says I have a very happy baby; lots of movement during the ultrasound, as usual. :)
I can tell baby's been having a growth spurt because the cramping and pressure has been back for over a week and I've been eating like crazy. For anyone not friends with me on Facebook or in "real life", I tend to make references to my eating habits much like the Hobbits do in The Lord of the Rings...breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, noon luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, supper.... No joke, that's about what it amounts to these days. Especially the second breakfast, because lately I've been waking up at around 4 or 5am and am unable to fall back asleep because the hunger comes around. And since I'm wide awake anyway, might as well get up and start my day (oh so busy on that recliner! lol), eat some breakfast, etc. But the trouble with this is I'm ready to eat again by 8 or 9:00, so that's where second breakfast comes in. Then a snack a short while later, then lunch, and well...you get the idea. In fact, I may get in a third breakfast today; woke up at 2:30 to pee
and had to get up again shortly after to eat a half a chocolate chip
bagel with some milk. It is now after 4am (I'm technically hungry again) and I'm still awake and may
remain so for the day. I'm not just eating because my doctor told me to (I knew THAT wouldn't be a problem, hence my weight struggles since I was a kid); I'm eating because it disappears!
I think baby will probably be a good eater, too; at least, that's what I'm trying to convince myself. I would say about 75% of the time, baby starts kicking and getting "excited" about 10 or so minutes after I've started eating. It's hilarious; it's like, "...oh, I think baby's starting to get the meatloaf!" Whether this has any merit whatsoever, I can't say, but it certainly seems that way. Doesn't happen with all food or every meal, but I would say more often than not and I love it. Just one more cute little quirk about this pregnancy. Frosted Mini-Wheats are a big hit, as are all desserts. Naturally! :)
Fetal Doppler keeping me sane
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment