CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 12, 2011

Newsflash

Baby has been unusually active and I don't mind!  Thursday evening was crazy, Friday was insane with lots of movement every 10-15 minutes, and Saturday Nugget moved around after every meal.  Sunday, though, was a bit more subdued.  Actually, a lot more.  Just a few throughout the day, which would worry me according to what Dr. J said if it weren't baby's normal routine.  Normally, there's not much during the day, but at night is when baby decides to wake up and let me know about it.  Looks like Nugget is a lot like Mommy...a bit of a night owl and not at ALL a morning person!!  Last night, baby got it's quota in after 8:30.  Most of them were small kicks, not as strong as a few days ago...but then the most amazing thing (to date) happened. 

Hubby and I went to bed and he came over to snuggle me, as he's been doing more lately; he's not much of a snuggler but I know this has a lot to do with the baby, especially since he places his hand directly on my belly.  He asked if baby was moving and I told him a little but usually once I put my hand on my stomach to see if I can feel anything...it stops.  Seriously.  And what do you know, once he put his hand there...baby stopped moving.  So I told him to give baby a little jiggle to see if they'd respond.  He did it very lightly so I told him to do it a little harder.  He jiggled a little harder, saying "Baby, wake up...".  And then WHAM!  THE hugest kick to date, right where hubby's hand was sitting!!  I mean, it was super strong, like baby got a running start and slammed into the wall of my uterus.  Clearly a message to Daddy NOT to mess with Nugget!!  I could not believe my little shrimp of a baby could do something that strong, but I'm loving this!!  Kick counts shmick counts, this baby is doing a-okay!  And the best part of it is that hubby said he was pretty sure he felt that one; I asked him to touch where he felt it, just to be sure, and sure enough, it was spot on!  :)  This is a happy moment for both of us; I have heard "Can I feel?" so many times in the past 8 weeks it's insane.  I'm so glad he finally had the chance to feel his baby and I think he feels better having hit this milestone. 

Just had to share.  Will probably update after Friday's appointment with my OB.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...