Today went great! First of all, baby decided to start moving right before the tech started the ultrasound. I told her that baby was starting to kick and she said she'd better hurry up and start, since it seemed Nugget was ready to go! It's like, "I know the drill, let's do this!" Tons of movement and breathing, some rolling and wiggling. Baby is still breech (which doesn't matter and I'll talk about why later) and was laying on his/her right side; the butt was off to the left. The tech tried getting a 3D of baby again today. The first one turned out okay; you can see the mouth this time, but she said baby was moving so much that the picture was blurry. This kid just doesn't want to hold still for pictures...hopefully not a sign of things to come later in life!! The more the tech tried throughout the appointment to get a clearer image, the more stubborn baby got; for each picture, baby was turned more and more toward the placenta and eventually gave us the cold shoulder...literally! You could see the little shoulder and arm coming up by the face and the face was barely visible because it was turned so much. But pictures (or lack thereof) aside, baby did everything he/she was supposed to and with enthusiasm! Kept kicking the tech's probe!!
Saw Dr. H afterword and decided that I should talk to her about where I can deliver and whether she'd had a chance to review my surgery notes from 9 years ago when my fibroid was removed. I essentially had a C-section to remove it but went home empty-handed! She said that if I deliver after 36 weeks, I can have the baby where I'd like to--at AMC. It's easy to get to and I think a touch nicer; I'm used to it. But if baby comes before 36 weeks, I will need to deliver at TC, which has a better NICU and is one of THE best places for a preemie to be in the area. She went over my surgical notes then, and according to where the fibroid was and how it was removed, she says I will need to have a C-section (hence why baby being breech doesn't matter). No big deal; I was sort of expecting to need one anyway because of the surgery. It's just that the healing sucks so bad without having a newborn to take care of, but it is what it is. If baby doesn't come early, she will schedule the C-section at 37 weeks, which will put us around December 13th!!!! A little Christmas miracle! :) But holy crap...that's not that far away! Only 10 weeks from now! Hubby's going to pass out when I tell him! lol
Fluid was back down to a 9 today but part of me wonders if there is some room for operator error; if it depends on who does the ultrasound. Plus, the tech said baby was moving around so much that it was more difficult to get a good picture of the pockets of fluid. It can happen in my profession when we take the measurements between the gums and the teeth; it isn't usually off by a whole lot from one hygienist to the other, but I can see where a little here and there for measuring fluid could add up to a big difference. But regardless, Dr. H says I'm still in that 5th percentile, which is enough for lung development and that's all that matters. She is still pleased as punch that baby has made it this far and that I'm not having any preterm labor. She told me that this weekend she had to help her partner deliver 24 week twins. :( She didn't sound very cheery when she said it so I'm wondering if they didn't survive or if their prognosis isn't very good. That's so tiny for any baby, let alone twins. Poor things. She said she has another patient who is on hospital bedrest and is 24 weeks along with twins but she doesn't think she'll even make it to 27. How sad. You just hope for the best for those babies and their families and know that they're in good hands and have people fighting for them.
I've got a very happy and seemingly healthy baby in here and I'm so glad. Now we just need to get that room done...
My shower was this past weekend and it was awesome!! It was Dr. Seuss-themed and turned out great. Each food had its' own "Seussy" name based on something from a book and I couldn't have done it better myself! Hats off to my mom and mother-in-law for putting on a fantastic party! :) We had a huge turnout (around 50 guests!) and I was exhausted afterword from opening all the presents!! I was still exhausted the day after and didn't get in the shower until 3pm!
We'll see Dr. J, the specialist, again this Friday. Hubby's going to come along. Dr. will measure baby again and hopefully, the pork chop is an even bigger pork chop! My mom coined yet another new nickname for the baby today...Pork Nugget! I guess that's better than being a chicken nugget, since chicken is lean and we want a chubby baby. :P
Talk to you Friday!
Fetal Doppler keeping me sane
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment