OMG this aptly-named "two-week-wait (TWW on the conception forums)" is already killing me and it's only been 3 days. It was kind of strange and surreal on Saturday after it was done because, like I mentioned, it was still really weird that we had actually done it. All day Saturday, I was cool as a cucumber--taking it easy like they said and doing mind-numbing nothingness the rest of the day...giving me plenty of time to think about it. But--still no biggie. But Sunday is when I started to feel different. I woke up with butterflies in my stomach, almost an anxiousness like you'd get the night before a speech or the way I felt the night before my wedding. The butterflies lasted the ENTIRE DAY and still haven't gone away--they're there when I'm thinking about it and they're there when I'm busy doing things and not thinking about it. I read (after the fact) online that one lady said that's how she felt the first few days of what she would learn was her pregnancy (not having done IUI and therefore had the same expectations of anyone trying to conceive naturally--hope but not foolishness). And today I noticed something else was different, but it's big time TMI and I'm NOT traumatizing my readers!! :P As for what's not different at this time, is my boobs feel normal. Apparently some women have the exploding boob syndrome in a matter of days after conception. So far, mine are still intact and feeling fine.
So I'm wondering to myself--could it be?? Or am I psyching myself out? I got pretty good at thinking every little thing was a symptom for the year-plus we were trying to conceive naturally only to find out it was nothing. I really can't describe it, but it somehow feels different this time. I never felt like this when we were trying to conceive all those months--never. Of course there was the normal hope for a couple weeks, but never this sense of anxiety; like my body knows something I don't. It really is a mystery we should learn to master and tap into, this inner knowledge and gut instinct. Today, I said to my coworker (whom I love dearly) that I felt different; that it was way beyond hope and that I just had a good feeling about it and she said she did too.
So--I am in desperate need of advice. Should I listen to my body or is it just telling me what I want to hear?
Fetal Doppler keeping me sane
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment