CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Folly Wally Doodle All Day...

I had my first cycle-monitoring ultrasound today and I got some surprising news.  MY BODY IS DOING WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO!!!!  They found 5 follicles (known in the TTC world as "follies"), 3 on the left ovary and 2 on the right, and they are all keeping up with each other in size, which is good.  They can predict pretty well when the follies will be mature, and according to their size today, I am to give myself the HcG shot on Saturday night and go in on Monday morning for the insem.  It is the last vial we have on-hand of our donor so I'm hoping it will work.  She did say that my lining is a little thinner than they would prefer but no worries---there is a medication to help with that too.  Progesterone capsules that are inserted...well..."up there", like a tampon.  Stick it in, go to bed.  It's supposed to keep the lining nice and cozy and a little thicker until either implantation occurs or sloughing.  Yes, my friends, the days of glamorous baby-making are way in the past!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...