I don't know, I lost count. I don't have it written on my calendar next to my computer and it seriously takes me a couple seconds to count back to my IUI...maybe this is a good sign that I'm doing far better with this TWW compared to previous... Who knows. Doesn't mean I'm not still CONSTANTLY thinking about how I'm going to arrange the spare bedroom and it doesn't change the fact that I had to tell hubby to not get rid of the glider-rocker in the basement because I'm saving it for in the baby's room. And I've also been trying to pay attention to any symptoms without obsessing over them; I assure you, although it sounds like an oxymoron, it is entirely possible. I've been documenting things here and there; the most major one, aside from the periodic weird, different cramping, is that my boobs are...different. Ever since my breast reduction in 2007, I wake up with the sides all sore most mornings, so it's been hard to tell on the "sore" front. But they appear to have been inflated without my knowledge or consent.
Example: Friday evening, I was trying to decide what to wear to a family dinner and I wanted to wear this super cute aqua vest my mom got me so I put my long-sleeved gray shirt on and then the vest...a bit tough to zip (as it was a month ago when she first gave it to me and I tried it on) but holy cow, those boobs were stuffed in there! Hubby was sitting on the bed, stalling getting himself dressed for the occasion, and was apparently amused by my misfortune. All he said was, "Um..." Yeah, yeah, I know! It's too tight. My boobs are too big for it and I look like a stuffed sausage!! Fine! I put on a different vest (not sure why I was on a vest kick...), that I know used to fit, and I'll be damned if I looked stuffed into that one too! I expressed my outrage and frustration to my still-watching hubby, to which he replied, "Your boobs have been looking bigger the past few days..." WTF? I didn't want to come out and say it but when my husband, who's a man and wouldn't notice a turd if it was on his face, notices...we're in trouble! Now, I know what you're all thinking, or what you should be thinking...so I have a very logical, non-pregnancy explanation for it: I'll admit it. I've gained at least 5 pounds in the past two months, and although I'd like to blame the meds entirely, I also admit that I've been in hibernation mode and depressed-eating mode for awhile. I hate winter. It makes me want to eat and sleep. So anyway, it's very possible for my weight gain to contribute to my monster-boobies, although I know most of it has gone straight to the stomach...pants are tighter. Boo.
Another thing: yesterday, I was at my parents' house hanging out with mom and eventually my brother and dad came in, too. Mom and I were playing Wii and were having a good time...until archery, when my parents were trying to tell me and show me where there are hidden things to shoot and I was trying to find them and my dad's trying to tell me how to make the remote work (which I already know, since I have that game) and I just snapped! "I know! I have this game---just give me a second!!" Actually, that was outburst #3 for the day. #1: My mom was showing me a Save-The-Date for the son of someone she works with (who used to work at my husband's elementary school, and therefore knows him); it's a picture of a beautiful African-American woman looking all happy with Mrs. D's son. My mom starts telling me the story, of how she was adopted and both her parents and her closest aunt have all passed away and she has basically no family. So I asked the natural question, "Who's going to give her away?" (This is the kicker) She says, "Mr. D is..." I started tearing up and crying, because all in the moment I was overwhelmed by how wonderful it is she has this family she's marrying into and how amazing it is that the groom's dad is giving her away. Really, though?? I'm crying? I've been known to cry while watching A Wedding Story on TLC; two people I don't know, but somehow, this just struck me. Yep, I'm lame. It's official.
#2: My brother asked me if I had seen this "Bobby's Ireland" show on the Food Network recently, and I had. We both remarked that it was cool he was at a place in Dublin that we went to and all I said was, "Yep, of course, we also were at that one in Galway." [Now, a little background: 1.) My brother is a crab and has been a crab since birth. Literally. He has a shorter fuse than I do and once broke his crib when he was a baby because he was shaking it because he was hungry. True story. 2.) In 2009, my brother and I went to Ireland together and saw the sights.] So brother-the-crab says, "That's in Dublin, not in Galway; it's a different pub." I said that I know it was a different establishment but that there was one in Galway called the same thing. So we argued about it and I even pulled up a picture off my Facebook album of my trip. So he got crabby at me and I got crabby at him. Over what? Nothing!! So yeah, I'm a bit unpredictable emotionally at the moment. So watch out!
Fetal Doppler keeping me sane
12 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment