CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For MM1

At the request of a fellow infertility adventurer, whom I once told that not having much to blog about wasn't a valid excuse for not updating one's blog, I'm updating today's very ordinary events.  I woke up too early from DH's alarm clock.  I fell back asleep until 8am and when I woke back up, I felt more tired than before.  Nice.  I got out of bed, dragged my butt to the shower, prayed while in the shower (long story...it's basically my direct line, I've discovered), got dressed and headed to A-town for my poke training with Jeana at 10am.  The poke training took all of 5 minutes and the remainder of the time, we chatted about stuff.  Everything from TTC to the injustices of people who take advantage of the "system", something we both see in our line of work.  This discussion continued until about 11am, at which time she thought it might be a good idea to get tested for STDs...not because she thinks I'm a dirty ho but because she wants to rule out everything possible for my issues with conceiving.  She heard about Planned Parenthood doing free HIV and chlamydia testing this month, so she called over and got me an appointment a few blocks from the hospital at noon.  But that left time to kill...so I went grocery shopping.  (I hope you're happy with this update, MM1!)  Yep, that's right...I went grocery shopping; I paid way too much for milk and they didn't have my butter I wanted, so that meant I'd need to visit another store across town that I KNOW sells that butter.  But I'm getting ahead of my gripping story!

After the store, I went to PP, where I needed to push a buzzer next to a camera and speaker and say who I was and what I was there for (was locked up like Fort frickin' Knox!); registered and immediately felt like I didn't belong there.  Shit all over the place about the WIC program and all sorts of things I "make too much money" to receive, not to mention the registration form itself asks how much I make, how much my husband makes, and how many hours we work and do I have insurance.  Yes I do, but their ass isn't going to give me this testing for free.  Got to watch Days of Our Lives while I waited for 20 minutes to be called back the first time; SPOILER ALERT: Faye was pushed down the stairs and just died in the hospital after freaking out when she saw EJ!!  Anyway, got called back after 20 minutes, pissed in a cup and went BACK to the waiting room to wait again...Faye was still dead...got called back by the RN for the rest.  She weighed me, asked me my height and what I was there for, poked my middle finger for the HIV testing, and I got to sit alone in the most sterile-looking room I've ever seen, reading about John Travolta's new baby.  She had set the timer for 15 minutes and came back to tell me I did not have HIV and that the chlamydia piss test wouldn't be back for a week.  And then I was done.  All that took 45 minutes.  A piss test and finger poke...45 minutes.  Not so efficient, methinks! 



Once I was done at PP, I headed for the other grocery store across town where I picked up my favorite chicken sausages, some cheese, my favorite butter, and discovered I had overpaid at the other store for my milk by $1.00 PER GALLON!!  Bastards.  Guess next time, I'll just go to the second store and to hell with the other!  Then I came home.  Wait, no...I went through Tom's Drive-In to get a chicken sandwich (because I gave up fast food burgers for Lent), and THEN I went home.  Dropped the groceries off at home, gathered my library stuff I had checked out, went to the library for new stuff to read, dropped one off at my MIL's house, discovered DH's grandpa died this morning after a 1 year battle with lung cancer, went to vote, headed 25 miles to my acupuncturist for treatment, and then came back home, had supper (chicken sausages and salad), and made brownies.  Now my brownies are done and I want one!  The end.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...