CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 8, 2011

If this were any more confusing...

Wow, alright.  Here goes.  Just got back from my CD11 follie check.  I have 12 follies under 10mm, one 18mm, one 20mm, and one 27mm (!).  My lining was only 5.6mm or so...slightly disappointing but it's still early in the cycle.  She decided not to check my e2 levels because I'm not in any danger of becoming OctoMom with all those other follies so far behind.  Fine by me; don't like "giving blood" any more than I have to.  She figures the 27mm one is leftover and not an "active" follicle for this month, but she doesn't want to assume and be wrong, and because things are moving right along inside this body of mine, she wants me to test for a surge with OPKs starting today...as in right now, I should probably go pee on a stick.  Here's where the confusion starts:
If I get a +OPK this morning, I'll insem tomorrow.  If not, take my Gonal-F injection like I normally would've.
If I get a +OPK Saturday morning, I will take my Ovidrel hCG shot that morning and have insem Sunday morning.  If no surge, take Gonal-F at night.
If I do not get a +OPK on Sunday morning, I am to take my Ovidrel hCG that night anyway and my insem will be pushed to Tuesday. 

Basically, what we decided after going over (and over) all these different scenarios is unless I get my surge in a minute here when I pee on the stick, I will just take my Ovidrel hCG shot tomorrow night and have my insem on Monday morning.  Either way, there will be follicles ready and willing (hopefully), since the smaller of the two good ones is still a good size and will be perfect in a day or two.  So even though it's not really a concrete plan, that's the plan.  Unless I get my surge and have my insem tomorrow morning, it's going to be difficult to decide what to do about work on Monday.  If I had a nice desk job where my work was waiting for me whenever I got back to it, this would be easier.  I am a healthcare professional...I have patients scheduled all day Monday.  I don't want to have the receptionist cancel them all in case I insem Monday, but if I don't tell her to do that and I do end up having to go in Monday, then she'll be canceling them last minute.  Gah!  Well, off to POAS and then to work for a couple hours.  I have acupuncture at 2:30 and then a funeral later. 

2 comments:

Mrs. Cooke

What ended up happening? And positive OPKS?

Stephanie

Well, I only had 2 tests left and I refuse to buy more lol. They were both negative Friday and Saturday morning, so I triggered last night (Saturday), and insem is set for Monday morning. She only wanted me to test in case the 27 wasn't leftover and I might've surged. But I didn't. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...