CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 4, 2011

The good, the bad, and the fugly!


Today was an interesting day.  Nothing remarkable really happened to me personally, but things happened to people I know.  Right away this morning, my good friend and coworker called to tell me she wouldn't be coming to work because her cat of 23 years passed away last night.  She was a wreck; and although he's been sick lately and she knew it was coming, it took her by surprise and she's devastated.  :(   RIP Lucky.

I got in the shower (also unremarkable) after hearing the news and I prayed.  I find I do my best thinking in hot water, so I tend to pray if things come up during the thinking process.  I prayed this morning for my friend A.K., who's been through a fertility journey of her own; she had her 2nd insemination a couple weeks ago and today she was scheduled for bloodwork.  She was valiant and brave; she didn't break down and test at home.  She decided to wait until the doctor did their testing.  I prayed this morning that A.K. might be blessed with a child and know the joys of being a mother and that her tests came back positive today.  I received a text this afternoon that her hCG levels came back at 18!  Anything over 5 is considered pregnant!!  I'm so very happy for her and wish her the best during her awesome journey!

Upon arriving at home after work today, I hopped on my computer and checked the blogs I'm following and discovered another friend, G,  is pregnant after many heartaches, bumps, and struggles.  Keep your chin up, girl, and stay strong and have faith.  You will be a mother and a wonderful one at that; you are a beautiful person and I'm glad your dreams are coming true.  I understand your subconscious need to be cautiously optimistic; I just hope that someday soon you can start to relax and enjoy every blessed moment of it.  xoxo

I just can't stop smiling for these ladies!!  It's so amazing when things work out and I can't imagine the shock and excitement they are feeling right now. 

As for the fugly, my group of women from my sperm bank support forum was discussing what all the babies will look like.  Someone saw someone else's pic of their baby, which was by the same donor as the other lady was SUPPOSED to have.  She is now pregnant by a different donor and is very glad...as the baby is a little...awkward.  That's a nice way of putting it.  So that led to a discussion on ugly babies and I said I wondered what my baby daddy's babies looked like.  But since nobody who's used him with success belongs to our forum...I'll probably never know, unless or until I have mine with the dream guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...